Friday, March 18, 2011

Show Us Your Family... Part II

(This is for you, Kel...)

One of the greatest things about being married is gaining a new family. I realize for some people, this isn't the greatest gift but I am lucky enough to not just like my "married" family... but LOVE them!

Adam and I both grew up in the grand town of Benton, Arkansas- just south of Little Rock. I loved growing up there and don't mind visiting at all. I don't know if we'll ever move back- but many people that we love still live there and as long as they do it will always be a place we go back to.  Adam and I didn't start dating until college (good thing since he is a few years older than me and I'm pretty sure there are laws that would have prevented such a relationship while I was in high school, ha!) But our parents live just a few miles apart. We grew up at the same church and knew many of the same people... the age thing, though kept us from really hanging out until I went to college and Adam's cousin/my bff introduced us. We dated for 4 years, all through my college days, became engaged and married on January 3, 2009. We had the most beautiful winter wedding and best of all (well, next to gaining a new hubs) I gained a mother and father in-law, brother and sister and law and THE cutest 2 nephews you have ever seen!

My father in law is the sweetest man. He's seriously one of the kindest people I have ever met. He is the County Judge in our home town and works extremely hard at a job that is very stressful. My mother-in-law is equally as sweet and has always made me feel like a part of their family. She loves all things technology and serves as Technology Director for the school district.
I also gained a sweet sister-in-law and with her came my brother-in-law and most importantly... the nephews.  Kellie and Joel gave up their comfortable life in America to serve as Missionaries in a foreign country.{ For safety purposes, I won't tell exactly where: ) } I am so encouraged by their career choice and how they have sought and followed after God. It's a daily reminder that while I don't feel like Adam and I have been called to serve foreign people groups, we are ALL called to serve as missionaries right where we are.

Joel loves LSU (major bummer, right?) and Kellie is into digital scrap booking and is extremely creative. If Kellie had a blog she would have hundreds of followers... not only is her life very interesting but she is hilarious! If Kellie and Joel weren't great enough- they spawned 2 of THE most adorable children you have ever seen. Jack is 6 and Max is 3. Living in another country means we don't get to see them a ton- but thanks to modern technology like Skype, we get to communicate with them often.


We are planning a trip at the end of 2011 to visit Adam's sister and her family! We can't wait to hug their necks again... it will have been an entire year since we have seen them.

I am so blessed to not have one awesome family... but 2! I love also that our parents know each other and that we get to see all of them when we head "home."


No comments:

Post a Comment