Thursday, May 5, 2011

National Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of prayer. Our church, Cross Church held a luncheon at our Fayetteville campus for anyone in the community who wanted to come together to pray- specifically for our National and State leaders. We also prayed that the churches in America would be broken and that we would rise up and not be conformed to the world, but instead would spread the Light of the World.

The verse that sticks out to me today is:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
II Chronicles 7:14

I am so glad that I am a part of a church that preaches the gospel and doesn't argue on political stance. One thing we do believe in is that it doesn't matter who is in the White House (God will control that.) But what does matter is who is filling our church houses. It is our responsibility to step up and lead our nation towards God. We must not conform to the world, we must do everything to tell others about Christ and to share His love!

This past Sunday, May 1, Osama Bin Laden was founded and killed. Many emotions still come over me and did that night as my husband and I watched the news together on the couch holding hands. I think I will always remember that night, just as I remember being in my 10th grade science class when the twin towers were destroyed on September 11, 2001.  As far as being happy about his death... I don't know. I can't seem to rejoice about a man who did not know the same loving God that I know and is not experiencing his presence in Heaven. I am, however, giving God glory and praise for the justice that He ultimately gives. I am thankful for the peace that so many likely have now that this person can no longer harm them. Realistically, I also know that this world is still the home of the Prince of Darkness and until Christ comes back or calls us home, we will never truly escape evil.  Until then, may we spread the love of Christ so that all may hear and have the opportunity to know His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment