Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where Did June Go?

I have no idea where the month of June went! It's like it was May... then it was the 4th of July!  I went back through my Outlook calendar (my whole life is documented there!) and wanted to remember a few things about June...

1. I started a new job June 1st which consumed much of my time this month. I still work for the same company, Advanced Tissue, as an Account Representative.  For the past 2.5 years, I have called solely on hospitals and outpatient clinics. As of June 1 I now also call on nursing homes.  Its been a big change, but a good one. I will no longer be jet-setting to Florida once a quarter, now my territory is close to home. I will miss working on the beach, but glad to not spend as many nights away from home. I really enjoy my job.  It's challenging, but a lot of fun (most of the time.) Its very fast paced, but I enjoy it- especially the flexibility of it.

One weekend in June I spent in Dallas for training.  I got to meet up with one of my BFF's Kori.  Kori and I met when we were 11 or 12.  I used to always introduce Kori as "my home schooled friend."  We met at church and were great friends growing up.  Kori and her husband moved to Dallas after they married 3 years ago and we don't see each other near enough.  Kori picked me up from the airport and we grabbed a late lunch before she took my to my hotel. Sadly, I did not get a picture of us that day, but here is a picture of us together at our BFF Megan's wedding. She is the Indian colored girl in the middle. I am the starkly white Caucasian to the left of her. We ate at La Madeline, which was completely delicious!
2. We spent time with friends cooking out. I love summertime (the heat doesn't really bother me) and being with good friends. We are blessed with GREAT friends and one night got together at Ryan and Sarah's.



 The boys.
 This is my new friend Kelly. She is Sarah's friend, but I'm taking her.
 This cute little couple is a product of Sarah and I. We helped them meet 1 year ago and they are some serious love birds today.
 We had a pretty yummy spread going. We like food.
Ally made this delicious fruit tart for desert. It went perfect with our homemade ice cream!

3. Father's Day. We went home to Benton for Father's Day to spend time with our dads. Adam spent the day with his dad on the golf course and my dad spent the day together just piddling around town. We love our dads very much and are thankful that we live close to drive home for the weekend.

4. We celebrated MIL's birthday. Known as "Baba" to my nephews, we celebrated her birthday with dinner at a new favorite restaurant in Little Rock, Bravo.  We love you, Baba!

Other than that, Adam and just tried to spend as much time together as possible.  While I'm not going across the country, my new job does involve a few nights overnight away from home per month.
We are loving the stage of life that we are in that keeps us very much on the move. Hopefully I will be able to continue to document bits of our life along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment