Tuesday, October 9, 2012

39 Weeks

I cant believe it... how is it possible that I am 38 weeks pregnant?! I feel like we just started this journey and now this part of it is closing. Of course I realize that my prize, the BEST part, is just a few days away... but  I have really enjoyed being pregnant! 
How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: baby is the size of a small watermelon, weighing 7 lbs or more
 
Gender: It's a GIRL! Caroline Reese Fite
 
Maternity Clothes: yes, although the top above is non maternity and I paired with leggings
 
Weight gain: 35 pounds
 
Movement: A lot more this week... I think shes trying to break out.
 
Sleep: For the most part I'm still sleeping well. I usually wake up at least once to use the bathroom, but go back to sleep pretty easily.
Symptoms: I am huge. I am just uncomfortable and it's hard to get into a comfortable position. FREQUENT bathroom breaks... (I mean it is seriously ridiculous), hip flexor pain, leg cramps, shoulder and back pain.
Cravings: I've been extremely thirsty and craving Mexican and other spicy foods.
Best moment this week: Husband and I went out on our last "date as a childless couple. We went to a new restaurant that opened in Fayetteville called Union Kitchen. It was delicious! Adam had the fillet and I had roasted squash ravioli.  We had a blue cheese dip as appetizer and creme brulee for desert. Afterwards we went to Walgreens to stock up on diapers that they had a sale on and Adam got a flu shot, ha!
 
Also, my last day of work is Friday... I feel like I have 1000 things to do before then, but I'm pretty pumped to wrap up work and start my "new job" as mommy.
 
This week at the Dr: At my appointment Monday I had dilated to only 1 cm and was still about 20% effaced. The heartbeat was strong and I had not gained any weight, PTL! Dr. H discussed "the plan" since she did not anticipate C coming this week. We planned to induce on Tuesday, October 16th.  I will go for my 39 week appointment (Ill be 39.5 weeks) on Monday and if I'm 3.5 cm dilated or more she will break my water and see if I go into labor on my own. If I'm not dilated to that, we will check into the hospital Monday evening and be induced first thing Tuesday morning. I will be given something Monday night to help efface more, then the Pitocin will start Tuesday morning. I'm not thrilled about the idea of being induced, but I also don't want to have a 10 lb baby. I was really looking forward to going into labor on my own... and will pray that still happens between now and Monday! Either way, I'm thankful to have an end date in sight that we will finally meet our girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment