Saturday, April 7, 2012

12 weeks

This week I am 12 weeks pregnant! We went for our first actual appointment at the end of March and our doctor (whom I adore) let us take a sneak peak at our sweet angel. I have felt amazing. Seriously. 2 weeks at most of nausea/exhaustion that went away after week 9. I did have some pretty terrible headaches, similar to the ones I experienced before Christmas, but Dr. H suggested some vitamins that seemed to pretty much nip everything in the bud. I feel so blessed. I can't believe that we're going to have a baby!



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 12 weeks
Size of baby: the size of a plum, 2.1 inches and .49 oz
Gender: ?
Maternity Clothes: no
Weight gain: 2 pounds
Movement: no... on the ultrasound baby F was snoozing away
Sleep: Definately getting plenty of it. I'm usually a night owl but it's not uncommon for me to go to bed at 8:30 these days. :)
Symptoms: I feel great. Some headaches but they seem to go away with rest and Tylenol. 
Cravings: bad food... fried stuff and Mexican. :) I have been walking and attending my classes at the gym almost every day so I figure its ok for a while.
Best moment this week: Telling work I was pregnant. I was really nervous about it but felt like a weight had been lifted once I did so. Everyone was excited for me and very encouraging. Also seeing our angel on the ultrasound... there is nothing like hearing that heartbeat and SEEING it to put me in awe of God's mercy and greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment