Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!

We had a great time ringing in the New Year with some of our closest friends in Fayetteville. We had dinner at a yummy place called Bordinos, then played games until we rang in the New Year at a friend's house.

 Kelly, me, Sarah, Ally
 Ally, Sarah, me
 All the girls- Ally, me, Kelly, Sarah, Rae Marie, and Jennifer
 The boys- Ryan, Josh, Dalton, Adam, Brett
All the couples

Adam and I are so thankful for the wonderful friends that we have made in Fayetteville. We've lived here for a year and a half now and at first I thought it would be impossible to meet wonderful friends like we had in Conway. While I miss them, I am so thankful for God's gift of good friends. It sure makes it easy when our families are so far away.

The New Year also means mine and Adam's wedding anniversary. This year we celebrated 2 years of marriage on January 3rd. It really is amazing how fast time flies. We didn't do anything too elaborate since we are going skiing next month, but did enjoy a nice relaxing night at home eating a yummy dinner and watching a movie. Honestly, that is one of our favorite things to do together so it was a perfect way to celebrate. We also have made a tradition of looking at our wedding pictures and honeymoon pictures and watching the video from our wedding. 




 I love this pic- this is when we saw each other for the first time! Such a sweet time!
 We were supposed to walk through sparklers to get to our carriage, there was a small explosion (ok large) and after the fire was finally put out we boarded our carriage. Needless to say most people remember our wedding reception!
 The most beautiful bridesmaids and my best friends since middle school. We are thick as thieves!
 I love this pic from our honeymoon in Mexico! It was such a blast!

We played with dolphins one day! Something I have always wanted to do!

Our wedding day was PERFECT. It was the most beautiful wedding (I am probably biased. :) ) I am so glad to have married Adam, and I love him so much. We are having so much fun being married- we joke about not wanting kids for a long time because we don't want our lives to change just yet- ha!

I don't believe in New Years resolutions- so I always start my new year "goals" a little after everyone else to avoid all of the hype. This year, one of my goals is to blog. I could care less if anyone reads (I kind of hope they don't!) but I want a way to look back and remember all of the fun we are having. I think Ill try and blog at least once per week and occasionally blog about something we've done during the first two years of marriage when I wasn't blogging. We have so many fun vacations and not so fun times that God has brought us through that I never want to forget!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather, I don't know if you remember me but we went to Holland Chapel together and I graduated with Adam. I love your blog. I am fairly new to the whole blogging thing and love reading what other Benton-natives are doing.

    Ashley (Hendricks) Davis
    DavisDailyGraces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete